Wlua.exe

PUC-Rio products and Kepler Project components. Motivation Since Lua offers no standard set of libraries, many projects and teams have to build their own version of the Lua libraries and this can create binary incompatibilities among the wlua.exe products. While it would be nice to have a single standard for the whole Lua community, that is still not the reality.

So both teams merged their requirements and now use a common set of files. In fact the only change from the Lua. XX” instead of “lua”, where XX is the version number. 3 Release 2, but we removed the LUA_COMPAT_MODULE define. Same configuration as the previous release.

The suffix is now “52” for all binaries. In Windows the executables are now built using MingW, and depends on MSVCRT. Fixed a problem in the manifest files used by dll8 and dll9 packages that prevents the wlua executable to work on a Windows XP 64bits. The source packages now include the Tecmake compact version, so Tecmake does not need to be installed to build the binaries the same way we do.

Added manifests for the DLLs in dll8 and dll9 distributions to include the dependency on the run time library. Originals Lua makefiles are not changed anymore. LUA_CPATH default changed to also include the “clibs” subfolder in search path when in Windows. Removed Premake generated makefiles and renamed standard Makefiles from Makefile.

Updated Lua icon with more size and bpp combinations. Added a dll proxy called “lua51. It can be used to replace other “lua51. It will simply forward calls to the “lua5. There is no compiled source code involved in the forwarding.

Each binary package has less sub-directories. Packages for Windows are in “zip” format. File names now use the suffix “5. Library names now use the suffix “50”. The two libraries now became only one library. Windows executables now use the DLL. All binaries are based on internal Tecgraf binaries.

Credits The binaries are built and maintained by Antonio Scuri from Tecgraf. The project was designed by André Carregal and Antonio Scuri with contributions from Danilo Tuler and Diego Nehab. We also receive valuable collaborations from Mike Pall, David Burgess, Fabio Mascarenhas and Tomas Guisasola. Contact us For more information please contact us. PUC-Rio products and Kepler Project components.

Motivation Since Lua offers no standard set of libraries, many projects and teams have to build their own version of the Lua libraries and this can create binary incompatibilities among the resulting products. While it would be nice to have a single standard for the whole Lua community, that is still not the reality. So both teams merged their requirements and now use a common set of files. In fact the only change from the Lua. XX” instead of “lua”, where XX is the version number.

3 Release 2, but we removed the LUA_COMPAT_MODULE define. Same configuration as the previous release. The suffix is now “52” for all binaries. In Windows the executables are now built using MingW, and depends on MSVCRT. Fixed a problem in the manifest files used by dll8 and dll9 packages that prevents the wlua executable to work on a Windows XP 64bits.